Saturday, April 7, 2012

easy peas-y


Ah Friday. Friday friday friday. We needed an easy dinner night. On account of all the cookin, ' I did earlier in the week, Arthur and I had plenty of leftovers to eat - frittata and pasta and soup (both the root veggie soup and the coconut curry one), in various combinations. The girls got some souped-up mac n cheese, and honestly they were the big winners. I highly recommend these add-ins to boxed cheesy mac. And start with a decent box (oxymoron noted) - I bought the "Back to Nature" white cheddar spirals kind. Here is what I added: dried ground mustard seed, garlic (the minced kind from the jar), turkey bacon (the good kind from WH), peas (actually, as I remember now, they were lima beans - but I love the catchy title so let's just pretend they were really peas), and chopped fresh spinach. And a little smoked paprika. Great spice. Some fresh mango cheered up the plate. And me too. It cheered me up too. Because every time my kids eat and more of the food ends up in their tummies than on the floor, this is indeed cause for celebration.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! your kids have developed a wonderful palate from your flavorful and healthy meals, its great to read about it! Love to you all

    ReplyDelete